1 AD Studio is about designing what's right
Home design and home improvement shows are great for ideas, but often they don't take into consideration your space, how you live and real budgets.
That’s where we come in.
We take all these things into consideration and create spaces that will work for you.
Your space should be flexible, multi-use, made with durable materials and fully adaptable for you and your family. We want you to love your home and stay in it for years to come, but only if it functions well and incorporates your lifestyle.
We will collaborate on ideas, work through concepts together and then I will put these all together in a architectural drawing set that documents it all.
I'm Val Sporleder.
Here’s just a little bit about me:
- I have Bachelors' degree in Design & Sociology with work experience in construction.
- I am one of only a few ADU Specialist in the Seattle area and a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS).
- These all help me create 'forever homes' and in-law units, including backyard cottages.
- I am passionate about small spaces, urban in-fill and creating space that will be fully used, multi-purpose and made with durable materials. These are the most sustainable spaces one can create.
- In my spare time I can be found volunteering with Architects Without Borders, playing soccer, running, gardening, and running my small urban farm. I love to travel and learn about all the spaces people around the world live in and call home.